Galations 5:22

But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

Galations 5:22

Looking for the TUESDAY TO DO PARTY?

The Blackberry Vine
CLICK PICTURES FOR CURRENT PARTY

Monday, January 24, 2011

Yoda & Darth Vadar Sugar Cookies

 So I rushed through the Star Wars cake a little (it was 2:00 in the morning!)
I think I made up for it with these cookies, though.  I used my special sugar cookie recipe & royal icing.  They are always so good.  Thanks to my MIL who purchased these cookie cutters (and the star ship ones, too!) for us at Williams Sonoma.
 Darth was more difficult to get the lines precise...some of the kids said it didn't look like Darth (aren't 5 year olds precious with their lack of editing!)...I have to agree...if Yoda hadn't been beside him, he looks a little like a cockroach!
A helpful hint for making thick sugar cookies that hold their shape:
  Use your favorite recipe, but element most of the levening (baking powder and/or baking soda.)  I only use a third of what my recipe calls for.

Another idea I've heard of is using the tube of sugar cookie dough you get in the refrigerated section of the grocery store.  Roll it out and put the entire sheet of dough on your parchment lined cookie sheet.
As soon as they come out of the oven, cut out your shapes.  You'll have some wasted (if you call yummy cookie snacks wasted,) but I hear that make a really pretty cookie.
Let me know if you've ever tried this...I  think I'll give it a try soon!


Smiles!

Linking to:

2 comments:

Belly Feathers said...

These look so fantastic, Jami!

Ruthie said...

These are adorable! My husband would love these! Thanks for sharing them with us! I am visiting from "Hoo's Got Talent"!

Ruthie @ Tattered Bliss

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails